Update: IO’s “Hard in Action” to bring back online progress services.
Hitman 3 The Hitman 2 feature continues to import levels from previous entries in the series – giving you access to every region in the Hitman trilogy in a single package.
That is, of course, provided you have owned previous games on that family of platforms – and although physical and digital purchases have different steps, the general process is the same.
Progress and unlocking can also be transferred from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, which is a higher recommended step before you start the game for the first time, otherwise any new progress you make will be redeemed. (Update 3:20 pm UK time: The website in demand for progression between games is currently struggling with demand, with The studio says on Twitter They are “working hard” to bring things back online. At this time, the IO recommends checking its Twitter account and not its website for updates about when to backup. Until then, you can read the required steps on this page to see what is involved.)
If you’ve been reading this before Hitman 3 launch time-Now is the time to download Hitman 2 to ensure levels from that game and the original Hitman will move.
On this page:
How to import Hitman levels into Hitman 3
As with Hitman 2, it is possible to import levels from previous entries into Hitman 3, so that you can access every stage of the original Hitman, Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 in a single game, even across console generations.
Developer IO makes this possible by converting these respective level combinations into DLC, with an “Access Pass” for each game or expansion. If you purchased a previous Hitman or DLC game, then you will have access to the Access Pass for that game. If you don’t – say if you’re new to the Hitman Series with this third implant – you can purchase it at the store.
These are the basics of how it works – of course, between the digital and physical versions as well as the different versions over the years, the process can get a little complicated on how everything is imported. The main things to note are:
- If you are importing levels from the original Hitman Either digitally or on disc, make sure to import it into Hitman 2, and unlock the “Legacy Edition” in that game first. This will then unlock the Legacy Edition in Store for that platform in Hitman 3 as well. (The Official Website He has more about this exact process.)
- If you only own the main Legacy Edition of Hitman 1 (i.e. the original season) and not the GOTY Legacy Edition (which added Patient Zero and some additional suits), then you will automatically be upgraded to the latest GOTY Edition in Hitman 3.
- If you are importing levels from Hitman 2 digitally, Access Pass will be available in Hitman 3 immediately.
- If you are importing levels from Hitman 2 onto a disc, IO says you need to retrieve the Access Pass inside Hitman 2 before it becomes available in Hitman 3 *. Meanwhile, Xbox owners may also need to own a digital copy of Hitman 3 or Hitman 2 Free Starter Pack before it can be redeemed in the Hitman Store 2.
- Hitman 2 Gold Edition and the Hitman 2 expansion It will work the same way, again depending on the physical or digital purchase.
* However, on the PlayStation, I didn’t have to take this step, as Hitman 3 knew that I already owned the game. Meanwhile, Ian Higgton of our video team said he had the disc in the drive and visited Hitman 3Game store to get a Hitman 2 Acccess Pass to appear.
- Finally, notice Levels and Purchases can only be imported for this console family – PlayStation to PlayStation, Xbox to Xbox, PC to PC – and they’ll work across console generations (like PS4 to PS5, Xbox One to Xbox Series). The exception at launch is PC and the Epic Games Store, although there is He promised that purchases from various computer stores would be honored right on time. Until then, all Hitman 3 purchases within the first ten days from the Epic Games Store will have access to the original Hitman 1 Legacy Edition for free.
For example, this is what I did to unlock everything in Hitman 3 on PlayStation. I owned the original season of Hitman, previously installed Hitman 2 for the Legacy Edition when that game launched, and unlocked it in Hitman 3. As mentioned earlier, even though I have Hitman 2 on the disc, it looks like I didn’t have to go in the store inside In-game game to unlock Access Pass – It just appeared on PSN as available. Finally, Hitman 2 DLC content was digitally purchased, so no steps were required there.
With all that, I can play Hitman 3 and reach all previous levels.
How to transfer your progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3
Although continuing to progress seems less urgent than sorting your levels and purchases from previous games, it is arguably more important, as it means that you continue any unlocks and experience gained in Hitman 2, including levels from the original Hitman that was played. In this sequel.
Doing this after starting to play Hitman 3 will replace any progress you have made, Therefore it is recommended to do this before starting. It’s also something you can prepare for before playing the game – useful if you’ve been waiting for the download to finish.
(Update 3:20 pm UK time: The website in demand for progression between games is currently struggling with demand, with The studio says on Twitter They are “working hard” to bring things back online. At this time, the IO recommends checking its Twitter account and not its website for updates about when to backup. Until then, you can read the required steps below to find out what’s involved.)
The items that were posted include:
- Hitman 2 rank profile
- XP master the location and unlock any levels played in Hitman 2
- Challenges have been completed and the levels played in Hitman 2 unlocked
- Any Hitman 2 Elusive Target bonuses and bonuses
Things that will not be carried over include:
- Save files
- Bonuses from Hitman 1’s Game of the Year Escalations
- Access to ICA Taser Phone component (not available on Hitman 3)
To continue your progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, you must visit this Official Website, Log in to your IO account and follow the instructions. Although the game will ask you to do this the first time you play Hitman 3, and the in-game website opens, feel free to do it on another device – like a phone or computer – if you prefer.
Note that progress is only within this family of platforms (PlayStation to PlayStation, Xbox to Xbox, and PC to PC) and because of this, you can’t make any progress on the Switch version (which is technically the number one on this platform).
Additionally, know that although the progression from the original Hitman will not carry over, anything played in Hitman 2 – including Legacy Hitman 1 levels played in the sequel – will carry over, as it is part of the Hitman 2 profile. .
Finally, know that you can only do this once. In practical terms, this means that if you continue to play Hitman 2, it will not be possible to proceed with any new progression made in that game. And to repeat, it is important to do all of this before playing Hitman 3, as the locks will be replaced by anything you created from Hitman 2.
There is a lot to absorb and possibly do before you can play Hitman 3 with everything you own and unlock it – so the earlier you do it, the faster the new game starts, which we described as a “satisfying ending to a beautiful stealthy trilogy” in Hitman 3 review.
“Pembuat masalah. Pecinta bir. Penggemar alkohol total. Zombieaholic yang sangat menawan. Ninja twitter seumur hidup.”